
I have internet access!!! And you all thought that I was just really busy and couldn't update my blog! Well, my friends, I hope that I can start catching up with you all and let you know what life is like here in Oregon. Tonight I will begin the update with a few pics from the road trip out here at the first of September. It was the maiden voyage of the little RV and the kids thought we were truly traveling in style! They had a ton of fun acting like they were at home as we cruised westward toward our new adventure! We ended up taking the drive in two days and spent a beautiful summer night along the snake river on the Oregon/Idaho border. I was tempted to take a small detour up to our former home of McCall, Idaho, but had to pass since the kids had to get here and start school.

We stopped a lot for scenic breaks, especially along the Columbia River Gorge. This is always my favorite part of the drive. You go from a dry, desert gorge to the lushness of the Pacific Northwest within an hour, all while following the same river....very cool.

My kids reminded me of little hippie children all along the trip. Scotty was shirtless with his over-sized sunglasses, stopping to browse at all the little rest stop curio shops. Cassie's hair was a long flowing mess and she ran around barefoot. Jax blew bubbles and read books and took naps. Armando looked like the captain of his ship as he cruised down the road. I tried not to complain too much about the sweltering heat through the desert since everyone else was enjoying themselves.

And then we reached the farm. We got the moving truck unloaded, bought a new truck (since we had sold the land cruiser in utah), registered the kids in school, and then Armando was off to work at Bandon Dunes down on the coast for a couple of months. He absolutely loved working down there again and we will all go down with him this summer. He brought back a lot of his caddie friends to hang out in Portland on their off time and started his putting green project here on the farm. I will post pictures of that little project next! Jackson is in a school class with his cousin Andie and both boys get to ride the bus home! This was the beginning of our adventure and look for more posts to follow quickly to chronicle the rest of what we have been up to! We miss all of friends and want you all to come visit anytime!
3 comments:
Wahoo! I have am so excited to see you back on line and I hope for regular updates. We so need to come see you. Honestly there is a rainbow over the farm! Are you totally loving it?!
Yeah Jeana! We're glad your connected again. Look forward to updates about life on the farm!
She's alive!!!You guys are Fabulous!
Post a Comment