
Our favorite evening activity lately is hanging out on our front porch and longboarding through the neighborhood. We have a perfect street, with just enough pitch to make it exciting, but not enough to quite hit the point of "scary". Few cars and nice neighbors (who sometimes join us) make it a great trip around the block. (except for the one mean lady on Norwood who likes to tell us to get out of the street--whatever!) Scotty talked Armando into getting him his very own longboard for his birthday, which is
still a couple of weeks away. Actually, I don't think Scotty needed to be very persuasive at all, and I have to admit that it is fun to all be able to go together. Armando did tell me that it probably wasn't very safe for me to push Cassie in the stroller while I was on my skateboard, so one of us is now on stroller duty. Cassie has gotten brave a few times and has me hold her hands while she stands on the board and gets pulled along! Its a ton of fun--stop by and join us!

I need to dedicate some time to my second grader, Jax. He is getting big and responsible and capable and I am totally amazed by him! Let me share a few of his comments from the last week. First, I asked him how his day was when he came home from school. The reply "It was so great. It just really was. I really enjoyed myself today." Picture him at saying this with a little half-grin and an air of amazement in his voice. A few days later I asked what he would like for dinner. The reply: "Whatever you want. It doesn't have to be anything fancy for me...I'd be ok with cereal." He was helping Armando with yardwork at the time and said this all with a glance over his shoulder as he continued working. He is quite the little man and I love his personality!

And my Scotty, the longboarding fiend! He is loving school, thrilled to be doing homework, and loves to flash me the "hang loose" sign along with a 'sweet' whenever he gets the chance. He did a report on Johnny Appleseed this week and is starting to be a good reader. He has also been awesome with Cassie when it is just the two of them home before school. What a little stud!

And Cassie...what can we say? She is a crazy two-year old! I was very impressed this week that she managed to share with another little girl her age! It is fun to have alone time with her while the boys are at school and she is starting to show more personality. Armando got her a barbie this week and she it
thrilled! Our friend Mark babysat the kids last week and while they watched cartoons, Cassie apparently jumped off the couch and started clapping and waving during every girlie commercial. Hence, the new need for the barbie. I love having a girl!

And the parting shot...Armando decided that I did need a cool pic, so here it is! Remember it, because it may be the last one for another five years or so!
7 comments:
That's some sweet action, Jeana! How cute are your kids! I'll send Clay up your way one of these evenings!
Love the longboards and the pic of you is SWEET! Someday you will have to teach me how to do it :) I am sure it would be entertainment for all!
You Rock Jeana!!!!
Party on with your badselfs over there.
Love it.
Hey! You need a helmet on that cute head!! I can attest to the fact that Jackson is AWESOME in school. I taught his class for the second time today and he is a JOY to have in class. What a kid!
I can't believe how much your boys look alike. Such cute kids!
I know about the longboard thing, the neighbors that we play with are both into that too, but I'll come for stroller duty if you like!
With love-
Jennie
We're on our way to come ride! Sweet pic of you groovin' it on your board. Take care, Katie
Post a Comment