
Scotty is officially a school boy! He had his first day of kindergarten last week and he absolutely loves it. He is in the afternoon class along with about six of our neighbor kids and is making new friends everyday. It is a little lonely with him and Jax gone because Cassie is usually taking her nap at the same time--I almost don't know what to do with myself--
almost.
To celebrate the weekend (saturdays are much more special when you are in school) we took a hike with cousins up to Lake Mary. Cassie got to ride in style in the backpack, but the boys were awesome hikers. They practically ran the whole trail with the exception of stopping to test their rock climbing skills on huge boulders. Robyn and I would hear them comment "that was fun, but I need something a little more challenging." At one point Robyn went around the back of a rock to find Jackson hanging by his fingertips with still a body-length left to the ground. She helped him down and he said "huh. I'm not really sure how I got up that."

The boys spent about an hour throwing rocks into the lake from various perches. Since Big Cottonwood is a watershed area, you aren't allowed to swim, so skipping rocks and splashing is the next best activity. The boys weren't disappointed!

I was pleasantly surprised that hiking with Cassie on my back has actually gotten easier. She loved it, although she wasn't all that pleased when she got her pants muddy trying to follow her brothers along the banks.

And this picture just had to be included because she is so darn cute!!!!
8 comments:
I love Lake Mary. A nice hike to get the kids tired is always good. What happened to going on all these hikes this summer? Time flies...
You're right, that does look like a great hike. We'll have to go before it gets too cold. Those pictures are so cute! I didn't realize Jackson was such a dare devil.
Way cute kids... we took Evan and Collin up to Lake Mary Labor Day weekend. That is a great quick place to go and enjoy the mountains. Collin loved the pack too. How fun that all these kids get to grow up with eachother in school and church. Love Your Family You Guys Rock
Looks like a great hike! I still can't believe I have never done that one. We missed you on the Mt. Olympus trip.
Scotty looks so old, what a cute kid he is. The hike looks fun, I can't wait for my kids to get a little older so we can go do that all together.
I love Cassie's hair! SHe is adorable in any circumstance! Scotty looks pretty spiffy too.
hey blondie, look at you! i'm pretty sure that behind cassie you must be wearing an 'american gladiators' half shirt, right? :)
i miss you jeana!
what a beautiful hike, i wish i could go with you. it makes me nostalgic for the days you would convince me to go hiking instead of going to class. the other day i was also thinking about granny's shakes. will you have one for me and tell me all about it? :)
your kids are CUTE!
Jeana, I love your hair cut! It's WAY cute! So, DO blondes have more fun? ;)
Post a Comment