
The Olympics has been inspirational to us all (no doubt especially to all us swimmers who are completely in awe of Micheal Phelps)! Jackson and Scotty were really into Team USA and begged every night for two weeks straight to have an extension on their bedtime. Dad was happy to oblige their wishes, especially since they both will start school this week! Scotty loved the swimming and had me teach him how to dive this last week. I have never seen a kid learn to do it so well so fast. Here he is on his second day of diving! Mind you, he had never been off a diving board this week either and this is the form he pulled out! i'm very proud, we haven't had a belly-flop yet!

Jackson and Isaak are turning into little fish too, and they are getting good! We spent the evening at Farmington Pool with Robyn and the kids (by the way, the twins have
the best stroke that i have ever seen in five year-olds). They had a blast and I totally fit in with the crowd with the "Davis County" swim outfit that i was wearing. (it consisted of soccer shorts that belonged to Isaak--"hot pants", you can imagine why there are no pictures of it)

I had to put this one in of little Scotty looking so satisfied at his diving prowess...i have a picture of me at about the same age that this reminds me of. very sweet. And as the pools start to close down for the summer, our family is starting to rev-up for the winter. Armando and the kids got the snowboard gear out this week to see who would need what and everyone got very excited.

Especially Cassie, who made her preferences clear for what sport she would like to participate in! (of course, her father looks on in delighted approval). She knew immediately where to put her feet, and how to turn her head and body. I remember watching jackson snowboard last year and I couldn't believe how much he looked like Armando with his mannerisms and body language--cassie was the same way in the family room and she has never had her daddy show her how to do it! There's those dominant Armando genes coming through again! I did get my two cents in by putting her skis on her a few days later, and she seemed to be ok with them too! Looking forward to a winter with all the Kennon Crew on the snow!
6 comments:
Way to go Scotty!
And I always knew Cassie was cool... ;)
I am glad you guys are taking full advantage of the pool before it closes and school starts again. Someone should!
So sad your kids start school tomorrow. That picture of Cassie is SO CUTE! She looks so sassy like she's going to own the hill. And that dive is so much better than anything I could do. You have very talented kids! It reminds me of those kids on 50 first dates who are just amazing at everything they try!
Nice dive, Scotty! Cassie already looks like a little ripper. What a fun winter you have ahead with all the kids able to go now! You're already making us jealous and it hasn't started to snow yet!
I love the Cassie pic. Rock on Scotty! He'll have to teach Will! Peer pressure can be a good thing sometimes, right?
So glad I don't have to keep tabs on your kids through your blog and that we get to keep the Kennons for at least one more year! (But, your blog is fun too!)
I don't like your title that summer is winding down. Makes me sad! I am not as fond of the winter like you guys especially since ours in McCall lasts FOREVER!
Your kids are so cool! Cassie is going to be a pro! I am so glad you are staying around here.
Post a Comment