
School is in full swing and the kids are absolutely loving it! I am so excited for them--it is so fun to watch and help them learn. I never used to like homework, but I
love to watch my kids do it! Every evening we have them sit at the kitchen table while I make dinner. That way I can answer questions without hovering too much.

Scotty loves to get his reading books and do his worksheets. Today he surprised me by getting Jackson's math worksheet and doing it fairly quickly. I checked it for him and he had only missed one! I think that he really likes a challenge and loves to work! What great qualities to have, we hope that he keeps it up!

Jax gets a little distracted with his homework--he usually tries to help Scotty or Cassie with their projects instead. He is awesome at his spelling and his math facts. The best development thus far is that he now loves to read! He has discovered Beverly Cleary books and Captain Underpants and will happily read for an hour at a time now! He is also very willing to read to Cassie and Scotty which just melts my heart--what a great brother!

Cassie will always find a project for herself at the table with the boys. She loves to "color" and loves to organize cards. Our kitchen table has drawers in it and Cass has them all full of fun things that she can pull out and line up. It's great to have these little munchkins growing and becoming wonderful little people in the house!
6 comments:
What a sweet family! I love "peeking" in on Jackson in school. He is so well adjusted and does so well in class. He does seem content. I'm glad he is so smart--except for the fact that it means I don't get to work with him!!! He could have at least PRETENDED to not be able to read well!!
Your kids are so great! You must be doing something right :-) Love the picture of Cassie at the table with her project.
You rock, Jeana! You can tell when parents have a love of learning...their kids do too! Now if only my kids would hang out with you more...
Stinking cute. I love it that Cassie is always one of the boys!
They grow up too fast! I hope someday our kids to get spend some time together, I have a feeling Dallin would love playing with the big boys! And Cassie and Lauren sound like 2 peas in a pod!
They just grow so fast......
Post a Comment