Thursday, October 23, 2008

Timp Cave


On Saturday we took an outing to Timp Cave--something that I've been wanting to do for a long time, but hadn't gotten around to. It was so awesome! The kids (and adults) loved it! I had been a little wary because I remembered the hike be really long. Good news was that it wasn't that long, even though I had to try to keep up with Jax and Scotty who seem to be of the mountain goat variety. Jess and Dan joined us for the excursion and taught us how to "work" the switchbacks.

The formations inside the cave were very cool. The tour actually takes about 45 min, so you get a lot of time to really feel like an explorer. Apparently you can do a more serious spelunking tour with ropes and getting dirty if you are of 14--I think that we will need to plan an adult trip for next summer because I would love to do more exploring. Jax and Scotty informed me that they would be old enough in 8 more years, so that trip we be planned too!


We were glad that Armando got home from work in time to go (always a gamble on a Saturday). He had never been to the cave before and it was fun to get in a family outing-and to have someone help carry Cass! Cassie got praise from the tour guide for being the best two-year old he'd had in the cave! She loved it and insisted on walking through most of the cave all by herself. I had to tell her that "mommy needs help" to get her to hold my hand on some of the sketchy parts.



Cool stuff. We're game to go next year if anyone wants to join us!





Have a great day!!!




5 comments:

Suzanne said...

I LOVE Timpanogos caves!!! It's been a few years since we've been there. I would love to go again! I'm so glad you had a great time and that Armando was able to go.
Let me know when you plan your next visit there.

Jess said...

Thanks for letting us use your extra tickets! What a great day... Your family picture is perfect! Who was your photographer?



:)

the dahle family said...

Timp cave is always a fun adventure, glad you had a great time as a family. Your family pic looks great especially with the canyon and fall colors in the background.

Teresa said...

Yeah, I loved that hike too-scenery not experience. I REALLY could have used Jess' expertise when I went a few years ago because I had Braeden who was only a few weeks old in a front pack, still recovering from labor and about 40 extra pounds still of pregnancy weight. Luckily after the chest pains and other physical issues came I had a brother-in-law offer to carry Braeden for me since Christian had Cameron on his back. Not the smartest move but the cave was worth it!

Kristi said...

I have not been to that place in years and years. Would love to go. We are in on the next outing