Friday, November 14, 2008

Opening Day!

It's here! Snowbird opened early this year! So what do we do? We go to parent/teacher conferences, wait for the teacher to say that our children are extremely bright, and then say "good, because we need to pull them out of class to go skiing on powder days!" ok, not every powder day because there are too many in Utah! Yeah! So, we did pack up the gear and head up the canyon for a good family morning of skiing.
The boys were so excited that they woke up at 6 am...it was like it was Christmas morning to them! Jax was especially excited since he hadn't been up since his broken leg. The snow was perfect, and the little guys are hard for me to keep up with.

Here's Scotty catching his first air for the season. He just picked up right where he left off last year!


And here is Jax, ready to launch. I was a little afraid that he might be timid after the leg, but that was not the case! I guess that is one of the perks of being a kid--they don't seem to be scared of things! I can't wait for the season to really get going--the boys are awesome ski partners and as soon as chickadee (the beginner lift) is open, Cassie gets to learn!



6 comments:

Bonnie said...

I saw jackson in school and asked how the skiing was--He said, "Shh, we aren't supposed to talk about it!" Nothing better than a clandestine day of skiing, is there?!

the dahle family said...

Oh we are so jealous! The boys look like little rippers! Enjoy some nice powder skiing for us.

Jess said...

Wow, that looks pretty awesome up there! I am holding out until it dumps because I am only buying a book this year. Start planning for a girls day this season... :)

Lindsay Sedlacek said...

Typical Kennon Family! Always on the go!!! I love the pictures and the updates on what the kids are doing. By the time the kids are grown, I swear they will be good enough to be pro- skiiers, golfers, skateboarders, and who knows what else!! :)

rosanne said...

Glad you have your priorities straight, Jeana!:) Ride on...

tracy said...

jeana, the holidays are over. you can't ski every day anymore so get back to your blog! :)