Tuesday, May 12, 2009

GIRL POWER!

I know it has been mentioned before, but the girls in my neighborhood rock!!! This weekend we took a trip down to Las Vegas (the first time that i have ever been down there) to do an all-women triathlon. It was an absolute blast!
Kudos to my friend Wendy who graciously took pictures of all of us! This is my first picture on the bike! yeah! so the race started early with the first wave leaving at 6:30 am, a good thing since it was 100 degrees that day! the swim was in Lake Las Vegas, which was very smelly, but a very nice temperature. Kristi says it smells because the sewer lines go under it and they leak...thanks Kristi, i wish that you had told me that after the race! so i tried not to swallow too much water and ended up having my fastest swim time!

if you are wondering which one is me, sorry, none of these ladies! i told my kids that i was the one in the very front though.


Just to let you all know, getting into a triathlon wetsuit is a team event--after they're up and zipped there is a lot of bootie-slapping, just like the major leagues. At this race they even had "wetsuit strippers" guys that had you lie down and put your legs in the air as they yanked off your second skin. Where's that picture?? (be glad you missed it!)
To all my dears friends that made this weekend possible--i love you all! to my dear husband that kept my kids happy, fed, and safe this weekend; you are the best daddy and husband in the ENTIRE world! to all the other cool girls that i know--come join us next year!







7 comments:

Nanette said...

looks like a blast! I'm sad I missed out! Provo again this year?

rosanne said...

Sweet action, Jeana! I really do love you...(in the non-lesbian sort-of way!:))

the dahle family said...

Awesome job ladies! Maybe next year we'll be closer and I can join in the fun.

Kristi said...

Party! It was super fun and all totally worth and yeah I did not drown!!!! You Rock

Brielle said...

You go girl! i would love to try competing one year but definitely don't think I could hang with you! What a fun weekend. I hope you guys do come up and visit this summer. We would love it. Oh and happy 9 years!

Teresa said...

You guys are so amazing! And your posts are always so hilarious!

Jess said...

Nice job, Jeana! You guys are great and I can't wait to rejoin the troop next year :)