Tuesday, June 24, 2008

race day...

and here we are...our version of a "street gang". From left to right its rosanne, me, deanne, nanette, and suzanne. we had an absolute blast at the provo tri and all did awesome. to those who weren't there, we missed you, but there is always next time!
just as i was headed to the water someone said "is that jeana?" and there was matt rasmussen!(for those who don't know, our families grew up together) so that was really cool to get to see him!
my chicken legs served me pretty well this race--and note that i am officially old! i am in my thirties (a big difference from just being 30!) some day i will be a good biker and have some real calves!
rosanne is my inspiration--i just wait for her to pass me sometime on the bike because the swim is the only thing i can toast her in (i gotta have something girl!) and then i just try to keep her in my sight! i owe her several finish line pictures--if she were slower i would take some of her finishing!
and finally a little post race celebration! rosanne, nanette, and i all medaled for our age groups...and suzanne totally would have except for that stupid timing chip! (you did in my book!) so much fun! come join us sometime!

7 comments:

rosanne said...

Love you, Babe! Can't say enough for the coolness that is Jeana! Next time maybe I can get FIRST PLACE, too!

Chandler said...

You are so sweet to say that,but the reason I took fourth place is because three other people beat me! I can't make any excuses. I had a blast doing as well as I did. You, Rosanne, and Nanette definately inspire me to push myself and I LOVE that!

Brielle said...

well I can tell you, you are my inspiration. I almost did a tri last summer and chickened out. I would love to try sometime. Congrats it is such an accomplishment every time you do it.

Suzanne said...

By the way, it was me that made that last comment, not Chandler :)

Castiel Moyes said...

Man I wish I had those chicken legs that looked that good in spandex! Way to go! Youa re awesome!

the dahle family said...

Awesome job to you and your buddies in doing so well in the Provo Tri! I wish I had so many great ladies to train with and more Saturday races out here. Katie

Rich and Andrea said...

Jeana! Modest little girl. I heard you won is that true? A little bird told me so.